Posted on 23rd Apr 2017
No, Snow White, it does not always have to be “Mirror, Mirror, on the wall!”
Mirrors do a lot of magic to a space when they are hung on the wall. They instantly brighten up the space as they multiply the available light in the room. When placed strategically, they reflect gorgeous views. However, framed mirrors need not be limited to the wall. They can also be used for other purposes to decorate the home.
Here are some ideas:
- Cheval floor mirror. This is a wood-framed mirror that has a dual-pinned suspension at its middle. This is attached to a base so that the mirror can be easily tilted and still be securely “standing” on the floor. Cheval floor mirrors are usually found in bedrooms and walk-in closets. However, you can also incorporate this in the foyer area. This position allows residents one last glance at their appearance before heading to the door, as well as to give visitors a welcome view of themselves before they get ushered into the living room area. You can spruce up a cheval floor mirror by adding pinning curtains at the top of the mirror.
- Full-length coffee or side table. Find framed mirrors that are approximately the size of your living room tables. Lay this mirror down on the center of the table. Incorporate additional touches such as a coffee table book or a vase of flowers. This can be the focal point in the living room as it provides glimpses of the room from a not-so-common angle and also provides a modern look to the room.
- Mirrored lighting. To set the romantic yet relaxed atmosphere in the bedroom, you can take a pair of framed round mirrors and lay them down on the bedside tables. Then, set lampshades or pillar candles on these mirrors. Once these light sources are lit, the mirrors under reflect the light upward. Place some crystals and beads on the mirrors to amplify the effect.
- Serving trays. Serve up some whimsical fun to your guests by using a framed mirror as your tray. This can be quite gorgeous, especially if you are serving colorful food and drinks or are using colorful tableware. Mirror serving trays can also showcase special kitchen recipes such as appetizers or deserves placed in colorful ramekins. You can even attach handles on the sides, to make for easier serving. Be reminded, though, that you need to secure the backing and the frame is appropriately reinforced so that the mirror does not fall off while you are carrying your “mirror tray.”
- Dining room centerpiece. If you have company, you can dress the dining table up by using a framed mirror as a base for your other centerpiece décor. You can place flower petals, colorful beans or a flower-filled vase on top of the mirror. You can even save up on fresh-cut flowers are the mirror base gives the illusion that you are using more flowers than you actually are.
- Mantle décor. Along with framed pictures, you can have small decorative mirrors in the mantle display. You can layer these items along the mantle and add other decorative elements such as beautifully designed perfume bottles, candles and candleholders or figurines.
Large mirrors are oversized slivers of silver magic. As an interior decorator, mirrors are an essential part of your toolkit, and you can definitely go large and proud with supersized-framed mirrors. Even as small mirrors can add bits of light and personality to a room, oversized mirrors can really do a lot to open up a space and add [...]
Framed antique mirrors are valuable because of its rarity, history and classic beauty. As an interior designer, you may want to suggest to clients the addition of an antique framed mirror to add a sense of timeless elegance to the room. However, it is useful to know even just the basics on how to determine whether a mirror is [...]
Grow your list of satisfied wedding photography clients. After all, weddings will prove to be a very lucrative line of a photography business. Happy clients will refer you to their friends and will remember you the next time they need a photographer to take pictures of their anniversary celebrations or their children’s birthday parties.Here are a few tips for [...]
As an interior decorator, helping a home owner stage a home can be an excellent way to widen your opportunities for work gigs. Home staging is the art of preparing the house for the viewing of prospective buyers. This requires an eye towards what attracts homebuyers and what factors could help cinch the deal.Home sellers may feel reluctant about [...]
Mirrors have a special kind of magic. These silvery layers reflect beauty and light, adding depth and texture to a room. Mirrors have different effects depending on what shape and size you choose and on where you place them. Mirrors can be the superstars of the room or they can provide support for the room’s focal point.Now, here are [...]
Mirrors can prove to be a great addition to your interior decorating toolkit. Mirrors are about light and reflections, energy and vibrancy, movement and “echoes”. Mirrors can be used to instantly brighten up and add size and dimension to a room. They can also provide a welcoming warmth, as well as a dash of personality and artistry to the [...]
As a professional photographer, one way of adding to the sales price of your photo is to have it professionally framed. Picture frames can serve to draw the eye to the photo and give a clear delineation between the piece and the wall. Also, the right choice of picture frame style and color, matting and glazing add to the [...]
Picture frames in the bathroom? Yes, absolutely! Make your clients’ bathrooms a reflection of their personality and unique sense of style. Picture frames are an affordable and easy way to do this. You can easily incorporate pops of color and soothing images inside the bathroom.Here are some places you can put picture frames in the bathroom: As a mirrored feature [...]
As an interior decorator, sometimes the challenge is to create a visually attractive display while giving glimpses of the clients’ personality and passions. The job is not only to take key pieces (the living room furniture, the carpeting, etc.) but also add small touches that comprise something that your clients will call as their home.The good thing is that [...]