Posted on 22nd Jun 2017
The way we enjoy photographs has rapidly changed in recent decades. It’s been estimated more pictures have been taken in the last five years than in the past hundred years combined, but there is a startling difference to note with the huge influx of photography. Only one picture is printed for an estimated 1,000,000 pictures that are taken.
Picture taking used to be a process. Buy the film, take the pictures, pay to have the film processed and view the pictures days or even weeks later. Now, these photographs are made instantly, constantly and rapidly throughout our day with cell phone cameras. We snap them, upload them and share them with family, friends and followers. Yet, we never really enjoy these memories fully because we typically fail to print them out. Here are reasons why printing your photos is important.
- Digital files age. It is only a matter of years before the file type you use to store your pictures will become outdated and rot like the VHS tapes your parents failed to digitally update. Soon USB ports, DVDs, and other commonly used storage devices will become obsolete.
- Digital files get lost. Whether it’s a crashed computer, a lost memory card or a stolen cell phone, digital files can easily be taken away from us. Printing out pictures ensures these priceless memories will perserve
- Digital files lose their luster. Once the moments fade from our memories, we forget why our pictures are so special. It can become very easy to lose motivation to print them and to get overwhelmed by the task. This is why it’s best to print them quickly in small batches. Add a reminder on your phone at the end of the month to print out your pictures. Create a special place for these prints in your family budget.
- Printed photographs create a meaningful legacy for future generations. Children will not remember their first Christmases or relatives who passed away when they were young. Printed photographs are not only for the photographers but also for the subjects.
- Printed photographs can be displayed. There is no better way to decorate than with the meaningful moments and people of your life. Frame your photographs in oval picture frames and display them on a gallery wall. Use picture frames with bubble glass for a unique display on your office desk. Vintage oval picture frames capture the sentimentality behind each shot.
Make your photographs mean more than a single moment. Make your photographs about the memories. Print them out today.
The time has finally come to where you have produced enough pieces of your own original art to host your own art show. Instead of waiting for an invitation from a local gallery, take matters into your own hands once again by hosting your own art show. What are the best ways to do this? The tips below will [...]
Oil paints are such a vibrant, classic medium for artists to use because of the texture, color and light that come with using them. Oil paintings are generally not framed under glass to leave the beauty of the artist’s brushstrokes and use of light and dark visible to the viewer’s eye. This leaves the painting exposed to the elements [...]
With the end of a school year and the beginning of summer, fun family events are well on their way. Whether these events include graduations, BBQ parties in the backyard or trips to the beach, make this time together extra special with a beautiful family portrait. Though the process itself may seem a bit daunting, with these expert tips, [...]
Senior portraits are a once in a lifetime experience in your graduate’s life. These photos are usually taken in the months leading to graduation and are a fun, unique way to express your teenager’s achievements and personality. The most crucial decision in making these senior portraits is to find the right photographer for your needs. Here are some tips [...]
The focal point of a living room is the fireplace, so it’s very important to decorate it with a bold and captivating style sure to impress homeowners and guests alike. One easy and resourceful way to do this is to use picture frames. Here are some exciting and innovative tips to incorporate them into your mantle décor. Use a variety [...]
Bridal portraits originated before WWII as a way to commemorate a special time in the couple’s lives because photographers were usually not present at the actual wedding. However, bridal portraits continue to endure in wedding traditions today because of the distinct advantages which comes with taking them. As soon as a dress is chosen and altered to fit the bride [...]
There are few things as joyous as the delight a child takes in creating their own artwork. From finger painting, to drawing with sidewalk chalk to designing glitter-filled creations, children enjoy putting their artist skills to work as a fun and exciting way to grow their creative minds. The important lesson for parents to remember as they watch [...]
A simple and timeless way to decorate a home or business is to create silhouette artwork. These portraits can add impact and personalization to any display or décor. From birthday parties, to fireplace mantels, to bedrooms or nurseries, these artful arrangements bring beautiful, everlasting style to every place they are displayed. It’s surprising how simple and easy these silhouette portraits [...]
Starting a new hotel? Redesigning? Looking for that extra something to top it all off? You've decided so much already: colours, patterns, room sizes, catering, employees and so much more. The finishing touches don't have to be a hassle as well. Keep it simple. Chelsea Hotels utilized a simple arrangement of simple matte black and champagne [...]